Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reflection

A) I learned how to think about foreign cultures and economies with an open mind and to not be intimidated by the differences between a foreign country and the US. I find things like the Central Place Theory to be most useful because I'll be living in a big city next year so that kind of information helps me understand how urban places work and what kinds of people you find in them.

B) I'm interested in learning more about economic geography and how it relates to tourism and change. I found the Turkish Fez reading pretty interesting so I'm curious if situations like that have arisen in other locations.

C) I would tell them it's a great class to take before going on study abroad because you actually learn things about your study abroad site that you probably wouldn't learn in a different seminar course.

No comments:

Post a Comment